May 12, 2009

Can't Hardly Wait



Hello Boys and Girls. Does anyone remember when I threw Mos Def out of the car some time ago? I'm speaking figuratively of course, but he ended up at the side of the road when we were through. Actually, it was a tailor-made CD that included a song of his that I still am not fond of hearing to this day. That's actually what got tossed out of my moving car. Nothing personal against Mos. I love Mos. Really. Let your eyes travel a smidgen to the right of this blog and you'll know I'm not fakin' jacks on that one. My appreciation for him as an artist transcends that of a typical "fan". His insight, talent, delivery and relevance is a gift from the Creator that he happens to share with the universe. He actually takes me some place else. So much so- that I can still close my eyes and be transported back to Carnegie Hall last year where he tore it down with his live band, The Watermelon Syndicate. Talk about a tight show. Best birthday gift I've ever received- hands down. Anyway, Flaco Bey does not stay idle for long. Case and point: The Ecstatic has a projected release date of June 9, 2009. I don't care who is waiting with bated breath or not. The man is the truth. This Bug is all tingly inside. To be honest...I'm Ecstatic!

Mos Def - Words - The Ecstatic - available 6/9/09

No comments: