May 14, 2009

Throwback Thursdays


Okay, it's Confession Time. This Bug has a hectic life. More so than usual lately. Lots of responsibilities have taken to the back burner. One of the unfortunate casualties of my busy Bug activities happened to be Throwback Thursdays. Well, never fear. Thanks to Blogger.com capabilities, it's like I never skipped a beat. I can post date my entries! Who knew? An apology to the faithful readers of Throwback Thursdays who stopped by yesterday and left with no treats. Sorry ya'll. I've been handling biz.

Anyway, since I'm coming clean in the Blog Confessional, now would be a good time to admit that I was a youngster raised on Cable back in the 80's and 90's. One of the perks was the Playboy Channel and I had NO business watching it. But that's the result of hardworking parents and me with little supervision. Plus, it was dangerously close to the Disney Channel back in the day. Why they would have the Mickey Mouse Club set two clicks away from Electric Blue is beyond me, but that's how I discovered it. What? I can't be the only one, dammit. So there was also a video music show called Hott Rocks. I can't make this up, People. Before BET Uncut, this show had videos of a more risque nature. Thanks to this wonderful show, I came across Little Shawn's director's cut of Hickies on your Chest. There's not much difference except the pyjama-clad vixens were topless while rubbing all over that fine ass man. If memory serves me correctly- he might have had a titty in his mouth between verses toward the end of the video. No lie. The song had that classic Uptown Records sound, too. Days later, I copped the single and damn near popped the tape. The B-side was I Made Love (4 the very 1st time). Surely that marks the beginning of my sexual awakening. Alright. Confession Time is over. Go watch it here since Youtube wanna get all high-saditty about embedding vidz and such...Womp, womp.

1 comment:

Soups, Baby. said...

Ahhh yes, you've done it again. I was in a deep zone with the Electric Blue alone. Maaan looook, I'll just say my moms worked the 4pm-12am shift a 1/2 hour away from the crib. Now you already know!! lol....Showtime was just as bad on da late night. Fritz the Cat & Richard Pryor stand-ups.....good times, good times.

Anywho, you went there with a banging single from a great time. I was 16/17 yrs young 'round then & ya couldn't tell me nuthin' bout a Broad...ummm...I mean a lady. Excuse me , I started to drift...lol.

I copped the whole album/cassette tape then..(& still have it now)....but homie was pretty much a one hitter, ya know. Didn't get much burn...I could of settled with the cass-single. Anyway, it's good to have for memories sake.

Thanks. & stop slackin' in your mackin'. We need these throwbacks in our live.......even though we don't all always comment. =)

Later, Jayne.