December 3, 2008

Say what you mean. Mean what you say.


Mos Def and I had an interesting convo the other day. I listened intently. He spoke his piece. I heard it all. And then I promptly threw him onto the highway while doing 85. LadyBug Love is at the side of the road now, where it always belonged. It's a beautiful thing when you see the forest for the trees.

Mos: Woman you know I love you
Woman you know just how I feel.



Bug: Is that a fact?

Mos: You try to tell me that you don't know When I know you know the deal.


Bug: Honestly Mos, I only know what you told me. Nothing more, nothing less.


Mos: Woman you know I love you Woman you know I care... hey.


Bug: Like I said, I only know what you told me. Only time and circumstance really shows someone how much you care.

Mos: You try to say I'm running game.

Bug: Well, if the shoe fits...

Mos: You try to say baby you don't play fair.

Bug: Well if you call broken promises, lying and leading double lives fair- my mistake.

Mos: Oh darling
If there is any doubt in your mind
I want you to be sure...


Bug: Sure about what? There's no doubt in my mind anymore when it comes to you.

Mos: If you don't ever see me again

Bug: Actually Luv, I'm counting on never seeing you again.

Mos: I want you to be sure-

Bug: Trust me. I'm sure of it, Mos. I really don't need a reminder.


Mos: That I love you Oh girl
Oh baby I love you
Darling I love you...


Bug: Heard that one before. Thanks.

Mos: Oh darling I love you... hey Turn the lights down low. Turn the lights down low...

Bug: Whoa! What you turning lights down for? Are you for real right now? Is this the part where we speak to each other like two adults who love each other? Take that shit back to counseling. You are dead in the water, Homie.

Mos:You got to understand how I feel

Bug: Oh, I get it. I have to understand how you feel. Because everything moves according to you? Right...

Mos: You need to understand where I'm coming from.


Bug: I see where you're coming from and you can turn right back around, Luv. Where you're coming from; you never should have left.

Mos: Ain't no need to be afraid- Ain't no need to get up and run.

Bug: You wanna hear something funny, Mos? You did all the running. Not me. As soon as things got hectic, I was looking at your back. I was never afraid. Can't say the same for you.

Mos: Oh darling Oh girl you know I love you.

Bug: I know. Remember who loves me most...I heard you the first time.

Mos: Oh darling
You know I know I love you
Oh baby


Bug: Are you as tired of saying this as I am of hearing it? For real.

Mos: If you never see me again,
I need you to be sure


Bug: Now would be a good time for you to open that car door. Get out.

Mos: From this moment right now
Till for ever more

Bug: Here's what you can do from this moment right now til forever more- you can get the f*ck outta my car.

Mos: Said I love you.


Bug: Word? Really? Tell your story walking.

Mos: Love you, love you, love you, love you, love you, love you, love you, love you
you, love you, love you, love you... Baby!


Bug: G'bye Mos. You gotta to go.

Mos: Woman I love you.
Woman I love you.
Woman I love you.

(This Bugs opens car door while traveling full speed ahead. Helps Mos out of the vehicle.)

Mos: AAAAAAHHHHHH...

Woman I love you!

Bug: Peace Bruh.




1 comment:

PUBLICITY STUNT said...

If someone ever wrote something like this about me I'd be so hurt! lol...sucks for whoever this is for.