April 2, 2009

Throwback Thursdays



Ahh...I miss the good ole days. Remember the days when you could whoop somebody's ass with little or no repercussions because they well deserved it? If it's one thing This Bug has learned throughout my ruff-and-tumble years, it's how to respect violence. There was a time when scrappin' was high on my To-do list. I'm not proud of it, nor do I advocate violence but that would lead us into an entire social examination of environment and psychosis right now. That is not my aim today. I'll just give it up raw for now. This Bug has a few battle scars from a time when young folks were not as cowardly as they are today. I come from a time where you would square up, throw blows, rock knots and drop 'bows. These days, weapons are preferable to knuckling up and it's so sad to me. Kids these days are scared to take a hit. Most of them probably wouldn't know what to do in a real fight. I once witnessed a dude get stomped out for trying to rob another at the Coliseum on the Ave. For you out-of-towners, that would be Jamaica Ave. in Queens NY. Yeah, that stick up kid was out to tax- but he caught it something terrible from the would-be Vic. In the aftermath, as Thief Boy sat up dazed and confused, bleeding from the mouth- some kids walked by chanting the chorus of Brand Nubian's Punks Jump Up. It was unforgettable. That's what happens when you run up on the wrong one. So today's Throwback pays homage to the Almighty Beatdown. To the soldiers who did... and still can knock a nukka out if they don't know how to act. I salute you.

4 comments:

Tuesday Taylor said...

You're a fantastic writer. Thanks for stopping by my cougar den.

Suzy said...

I get bored with the same foods as well. People think I'm crazy that I can't eat pizza 3 days in a row.

Soups Malone said...

Salute! Ahhh yes, the sweet art of thumpin-it-out. Oh how it feels like just days ago I had to make face taste concrete street. Wait,.....it WAS just days ago. My bad.

Yeah, it's true.....I'm one of those "grown ass men" that you can see wrappin' somebody up sumthin' decent in the parking lot or a back block somewhere. Or, like 50 said, gettin' "jumped cause niggaz couldn't beat me 1 on 1"~(Problem Child).

I do respect violence though to the fullest and try to only bust it out on special occasions. I like that look of agony that comes over the face of the opponent at that moment when they realize that it's gonna get ugly in a hot minute...LMAO! That moment when it hits them that this is NOT-A-GAME! You could almost hear their thoughts on how they should of chilled.

It's my personal feeling that, for the most part, two REAL individuals don't get physical when it comes to beefin'. Usually it's a real cat vs some lame-ass, probably drunk...(off of liquor &/or hip-hop), cornball that for some strange reason wants to feel like a car wreck.

I'm out though, Jayne. I'll add more later. Smack da shit outta sum1 for me. lol....just kiddin'. Maybe. 1

Brown said...

Brown Drizzle

Much respect...sistah.... Real recognize real... and today kids, men, and women don't appreciate the realness of a get good fight and having the option to walk away...seeing life for another day.

Today, everything is so easy...so fast... so blah, that respect is no longer earned... people have looped fear into respect, which "all" true hood folks know... you cannot respect fear... fear makes folks do BS on so many levels.

Continue to educate... you have a fan here...

One*