April 6, 2009

' kiss of Fate?


I don't believe in coincidences. Down to the smallest thing. I feel like if I'm in a car, hearing a song for the first time- that was exactly where I was supposed to be when I heard it. With little or no distraction. Well, that happened today. I was on the road this evening when a song that I was supposed to hear came on. I'll be honest. I was feeling downtrodden. I was melancholy. I wanted to be anywhere but where I was, emotionally. And then J to da Muah reminded me of what a jewel I am. Regardless of who may be dazzled by the brilliance and strength or who would bypass me in a fruitless search of a worthier treasure. I can't say that I totally relate to the lyrics; but I won't say that I don't, either. Anyway, I needed to hear this. This song went through me- and by the time I got to my destination, the tears were streaming. Who knew Hip-Hop could do that to you?



3 comments:

The Lion's Share said...

Yes girl. Some songs can be real tear jerkers. This one always sends me into an emotional frenzy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMdv3nLhdEs

Its so sad how people always tryna get over. Just pay him, damn!!!

DUBS said...

Just heard this for the first time, it makes you wanna air somebody out..Always good to have family..

Jayne Neverow said...

@ Lion's Share- "God made Dirt and Dirt bus' yo ass!" LMAO. Yes, music can truly take you there.

@ Dubs- You know?! Call the cousins and 'em to Swiss Cheese the bastard for that grimy ish. I hear dat.