April 13, 2009

I like Yellow Crayons!


It was once brought up to me that I tend to blurt out the most random things at times. Sort of like a Tourette's Syndrome with a Hip Hop feel to it. I can't help it. Most of the time, there's a lyric or line that superbly fits the situation, so I say it. I don't have the lengthiest attention span to begin with, so as quickly as it comes- it goes and I'm off to another thought or appropriate song.

I liken my thought process to one of those HP Notebook commercials. There's a lot going on in there. My brain is constantly running with thoughts of books I have to read, who I may be interviewing that week, why they call it a "near miss" when two planes almost crash and the fact that there are only two surviving Fat Boys left. They must've taken the hint that health comes before the posterity of a namesake. That's just to name a few of the random things that enter and leave my mind. It never slows down, either. Which is where I get confused.

Yes, I have the attention span of a ferret on Crystal Meth. The trouble with that is I can barely finish one thought before it's intruded upon by another. I know how to organize these thoughts when the time calls for it- but I always get the feeling that something else requires my attention. I think I do it to keep from concentrating on the more pressing issues that can throw off my day. I guess it's just my way of dealing with the myriad of fleeting thoughts, snap decisions and a slew of uncontrollable Hip-Hop lyrics. I won't pretend to understand it.

See I'm not insane,
in fact I'm kinda rational... - The Blastmaster

No comments: