April 21, 2009

Divine Intervention


“Sometimes questions are more important than answers.”
Yesterday, I opened Pandora's Box. Secrets and lies freed themselves on jagged little wings. They flew out in a flurry- blinding me like bats escaping a cave. I covered my eyes, tried to protect my face. When I recovered my hands were nicked with blood. The finding was unspeakable. Not awe-inspiring like that which filled Marsellus Wallace's briefcase. This was something scarier. Out flew the kind of evils that have always existed, pining to be unleashed. Waiting to plague all that is good and bright and promising. The kind of things that crown you Queen then dethrone you when you least expect sedition. I am a stranger in a strange place now. But curiosity cannot maliciously kill a cat that was always marked for death. It is a noble death indeed.

No comments: