March 7, 2009

I think I'm in love


His name is Jaden. And to be honest, I'm not even sure if that's how his name is spelled. All I know is that every now and then, I am fortunate enough to go along for the ride when he is picked up from Day Care. He is the color of tea with milk and has the most beautiful almond shaped eyes. His smile is like a million birthday cake candles. He is simply gorgeous. No exaggeration there. If it weren't for his rough and tumble ways, boyish clothes and unpierced ears- he would easily be mistaken for a girl. Suddenly, looking over my seat back at him becomes the best part of that particular day. Don't get me started on when he's asked to show anyone what "Karate" is. A tiny foot raises as high as his autonomy can take it and there is the proudest light in his eye as he executes this move. And then he's off. Whisked up by one strong arm, he looks over that shoulder, blinking at me- taking a piece of my heart with him each time. Yeah, I guess they do that sometimes.


Author's Note: The baby pictured above is not the cherub of which I speak. Not everyone is privileged enough to steal a glance at the real object of my affection.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh yes, the sweetness of the chirren. You're too cool, Jayne........too cool.

Anonymous said...

omg .. you made me cry i have never ever had someone speak about my son with such love and grace and. i am truly honored and touched by your kind words... there are no words to express how gratefull and apprefciative i am of you and..xoxox .. thank you so much as i am speechless i will never ever forget obout this .. i know that we have only ran into each other a fews times because you kow how school pics up most of my time and im alwasy in and out,, but i really do appreciate it ,,,,love you lotts..

p.s. u can have him whenever u like ,,,,lol .. and i mean it,, i need a break ...lol

but again thank you so very much

love ,,
Candace and Jaydon