March 3, 2009

Argh..Not again.


This Bug wants to know...has anyone out there ever had a friend who possessed a quality or likeness you wish you could borrow from time to time? I'm not talking about looks or lifestyle. I mean something like a discipline they have for certain tasks. I have a friend who loves to do laundry. Got that? Loves it. How in the world anyone could love this banal chore is beyond my comprehension. I hate it. If I remember correctly, she likes the ritual of folding because it's relaxing. The scent of fresh laundry also does her good. April Fresh is cool but I simply cannot relate.

I tend to wait until the eleventh hour to wash clothes. Don't get it twisted. I don't walk around in dingy garments or funky drawers. I'm not going to say I have the most extensive wardrobe; I just have a lot of the staples to last me a good three week run. Then it gets down to the ugly panties. They're not full of holes or anything, just not as cute as the stock 'fun & sexy' ones I keep in the arsenal. In my younger days, it even came down to wearing bikini bottoms to work. Hey, they function as panties when the time is right. Don't judge.

So, I'm typing this in a very matronly, sky blue 18 hour brassiere and full booty coverage knickers- which means it's time to pay the piper. This sucks. Sorting, loading, drying, folding, putting away...it all sucks. It's times like these I wish I could covet that Fluff and Fold gene that mi amiga must have in her DNA. If you're reading this, can I borrow a strand?




Photo Courtesy: Corbis

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, maybe cool breeze scent will give you some enthusiasm. Until you do find your laundry fairy god mother you can borrow a strand from me.

I know you couldn't be talkin bout nobody but my weirdo ass

Jayne Neverow said...

@ Sweetest Tea: And you KNOW this, Mannnn!!! Eff it, pass the Tide and let's do this. My favorite shirt needs the rinse cycle anyway. In the words of Willie D "If it's goin' down...let's get it ova wit!"

Eve said...

Ha! Can definitely relate

Anonymous said...

Maaannnnn loook, Leave them clothes alone, Neverow. The way I figure it, at this rate you'll be in a fig leaf by Friday. And, as coincidence would have it, I wanna meet up with you to discus some....umm..uhh...blog ideas. Yeah, that's it.

And hey, since we'll be out anyway, maybe we'll take a lil trip to Laundry Palace.........on me.

LMAO. No seriously though, what kind of shorts are they?....hmmmmmm. lol

Just some harmless flirting, Ms. Jayne. ttyl. One Love

Jayne Neverow said...

Soups, incidentally I am NOT down to your wishful fig leaf. I'm pretty stocked on blog topics too- so you'll have to take a rain check. Ms. Jayne will hold you to that Laundry Palace outing though, believe dat! Get your quarters ready.

Uno Amor.