March 31, 2009

Hungry For More


It's no small secret that This Bug loves food. I enjoy everything about it. God lives in that place between taste and the visual consumption of all things delicious. Okay, that may be stretching it a bit- but seriously, other than sex- eating is the one thing you can do where all of your senses are at work. Recently I've been craving foods from all over the world. My niece hit me with the most quizzical look the other day when I mentioned that I wanted Guacamole and Tiramisu. Folks at home can put the eyebrow down; This Bug's eggs are unfertilized to date. I just tend to pine for something radically different from day to day.

I've decided that the best way to taste the world would be to seek out men of various cultures and ethnicity. This way, when I want authentic Masala dosa- I can dial up my Indian friend or when I want real Fettucine Alfredo, I'll give the Italian man slave a ring. I understand that we're in a recession, so dining out may get a little steep. No worries. More than likely, they'll have a Mom or someone in their lives that cook traditional foods. I'll just hang around to pick up a few recipes. Mothers love me (most of the time) so this should be a breeze. I'm bound to learn how make something new in the kitchen.

This new plan has revolutionized my view on dating- since I now actually have something solid to get out of it. This Bug is hungry...and focused. I can just taste the possibilities; something I can really sink my teeth into. Handcrafted sushi from my Tokyo buddy on Monday, Down home southern fare from American Boy's momma on Sunday- and all the savory samples in between. Perhaps I'll tell them I'm a food critic and this way, we'll get superior service as I pretend to write a review of the chosen restaurant. That method is tried and true, believe me. I once got outstanding service in a Thai restaurant and I'm sure my trusty pen and notepad had everything to do with it.

I'll be chronicling my food adventures with said hand selected men so stay tuned, People. Variety is the spice of life!

Nom, nom, nom...




Photo Courtesy: Corbis

1 comment:

PUBLICITY STUNT said...

nom, nom, nom!

Hungry eyes!