December 13, 2008

Please. Make. It. Stop.



This is why I don't listen to the radio. It's the Attack of the Auto-tune and nobody is safe. I just want to know how the hell this happened? Alright. It's catchy, we can all agree. Computer Love is still my shit. Even Tupac's California Love wouldn't quite be the same without Roger working his magic on the hook- but it really should have ended there. Wait- I really didn't mind Cher working her Auto-tune skills on her song Believe, either. What can I say? She rocked it. But c'mon, Man...

Now every time I turn on the radio, my eardrums are assaulted by the twangs of T-Pain as if he invented the shit. To make matters worse, Kanye West just released an entire album of mostly Auto-tune assisted songs instead of singing. Really, Kanyeezy? You mean to tell me nobody on Robocop's Mr. West's team asked him how the hell he expected to perform these songs live? How wack will that sound? Apparently there are only a few songs on 808's and Heartbreak that doesn't use this nifty little program to ride out. Whoever that album is dedicated to should take offense that he couldn't go it alone when it came to expressing his sorrow. Man Up!

Okay, I think I'm done venting. I just want real beats and authentic singers again, even if they don't hit all the right notes. Think Blu Razberry or Tekitha on some of the Wu Tang songs. Nobody said they could give Patti LaBelle a run for her C.R.E.A.M. , but at least it was their actual voices without that annoying, reverberating racket trying and failing miserably to pass for skills.

Anyway- I'm not the only one who feels this way.





Photo Courtesy: Corbis

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI-LAR-I-OUS!!! Too true. Preach on sister & mek da whole world feel you.