July 5, 2009

Lightning War


Red, White and Blue. Hunting for fireworks.
Timing is everything.
Artificial stars popping in multicolored bursts.
A pause. Just long enough.
Leaving one minute later
would have changed everything.
And it did.
Change everything.
He. Head down. Purposeful gait.
She. Head high. Blissfully oblivious.
Orange cotton. Navy sky. Gray pavement.
Red, White, and Blue dress.
Multi-colored Madness.
The mosaic of the day comes together.
Last piece of the puzzle...
but I cannot make it fit.
Yes. I remember now.
Independence Day.
Fireworks behind my eyes.
Blitzkrieg in my head.
Sledgehammer to my stomach.
Red passion. White clarity.
Blues anchoring my soul.
No dreaming sweet.
Not tonight.
Only waking Nightmares.






Wide awake now...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow ms. jane i FEEL u