February 25, 2010

Throwback Thursdays

You know that one song that can play and just get you amped out of nowhere? The type of joint that has the crazy beat and then the emcee just comes with that energy to match? Yeah. I have a select few but This Bug is only featuring one today. Everything about today's Throwback takes me to a place where I was wild, free and ready for whatever popped. It just has so much soul. I don't know if it's the fact that the melody (sung passionately by Blue Raspberry) is the same as the "I-am-woman-hear-me-roar" anthem that seems to be the birthright of my gender (you know the one, trust.) or simply the triumphant horns of Herb Albert. Whatever it is- it never fails to quicken my heart rate and give me that shot of adrenaline that only a dope Hip-Hop song can give you. Method Man comes so damn hard on this track that it makes me long for the days before he started rhyming in his laid-back Johnny Blaze persona. We all know he displays versatility when he's ready but he shines the brightest when he's raw. His voice and delivery just let's you know it's not a game. Straight up. This Bug's favorite line? "Remedies, cousin I be doin' on my enemies. Penalty, then I drink forties to they memories." If I wrote the book on it- I'd have to say that is what the fuck you call FLOW, feel me? It makes me wanna toke somethin'. Smoke somethin'. Tap somethin'. Yap somethin'. And wash it down with a Mistic. I don't even know how to act. I think you should do the same and just Release Yo 'Delf. One.








FYI: Mistic bottles don't even look like that anymore. The picture contained above is the authentic design for the time that Meth rhymed about it. I searched high & low for that shit. For ya'll. Do you feel the love?
You better.

No comments: