February 4, 2010

Throwback Thursdays


Hello Boys & Girls. It's Thursday again. Today, I'll keep it in the Native Tongues camp from last week because 1. You can't go wrong and 2. This song explores the age old question: When men have something good at home- why do they feel the need to roam. This Bug has been turning that riddle around in her brain for some time now. Does this joint bring me any closer to understanding? Negative, Dun. But I always liked how they try to explain why "Jimmy" goes where he needs to go. Plus the beat was jazzy without losing itself to an RNB swing. The Jungle Brothers always had a way of telling stories with candid relish. The My Jimmy Weighs a Ton Remix carries you through their once happy, now claustrophobic relationships and justifications of why they needed to break free. They never said it was right...but they damn sure had fun while doing some wrong. I know my fellas can relate- so this one's for ya'll. Don't you just love the "Free At Last" jump Afrika makes in the air at the end of the vid? I know I do. And the moral of the story, B-Boys and B-Girls? "Love is a gamble, Life is a lesson."

Out.

No comments: