September 17, 2009

Throwback Thursdays

What up, People. I'm kicking off Today's Throwback with a little story from left field. Bear with me. Last night I was on the phone with my homegirl. We were chopping it up about the regular things when I paused to ask her, "Yo. You know anyone that was ever fired by letter sent via FedEx?" When she finally got the laughs out she responded with an emphatic "Hell NO!" Laughing. I replied, "Well, you do now!" More laughs. It's true, People. This Bug's brief stint at an office came to a close by way of letter saying there was no need to return. Truthfully, I was planning to make moves anyway. And I'm actually glad I didn't have to go in- only to be told there was no reason for me to be there. So they did me a favor by saving me gas. But I can't get over the amount of bitchassness it took to execute this move. No sit-down meeting. No phone call. Nothing. Just a Fedexed letter. Hilarious. Peace Bitches! Anyway, that leads me to the Throwback since one line in particular applies to the move they pulled.
I always felt Channel Live. They dropped the LP Station Identification in 1995 and achieved gold album success. (Still a notable feat back then.) The single Mad Izm featured KRS-One and is still a classic spin in its own right. The beat is melodic but maintains that tough feel that you savor in a Hip-Hop joint. Plus, I could relate when this came out because I was sparking a whole lot of it myself back then. This Bug's ever-so-appropriate line? "That's what I'm smackin' you wit, cuz it's easy. Like Lionel Richie- your whole style in BITCHY!" This one's for you, fake-ass FedEx firing, dirty Dentist Office having punk. Deuces!

2 comments:

Suzy said...

Talk about extreme firing. I once got a phone call from a restaurant I was working at and they said, "Please don't come back." They may not have said Please.

I had 6 bucks to my name at the time.

Anonymous said...

Whoa, Suzy that sucks. I got fired once through the grapevine. Everyone at work knew I was fired except for me. I came to work and they were all like uhhm i thought u got fired. BUMMER!

Jelly