September 10, 2009

Throwback Thursdays


In the wake of creating a new blog strictly for my Hip-Hop heads, (see below post) I've decided that Today's Throwback will have nothing to do with a video you might have recorded back in the day. There was no video but thanks to the glorious innovation of Youtube, somebody put one together for one of my favorite joints of all time. Also, I'm paying homage to the original Purple Tape because 1. Only Built for Cuban Linx Part II dropped two days ago and 2. This Bug was at the album release party at Santos Party House. Oh. My. God. Raekwon has done it again. It's like '95 all over again. He has not lost an ounce of ruggedness. Let me tell you, he has officially cooked up something marvelous to get your mouth watering. Makes me want to walk backstage to the kitchen and give my compliments to The Chef personally. Bottomline: Go cop that right now! But wait a minute. Not so fast. You can't leave without engaging in some Verbal Intercourse which by the way served as inspiration for my new Hip-Hop blog, Dope Beats & Door Knockas This track is nothing short of magnificent. From the first verse, which in my humble opinion is one of Nas' finest moments to The Emotions' sample of If You Think It, this song is the flyest. Once again, Ghostface does what he does best alongside Rae. They are truly the Dynamic Duo. This Bug's favorite line? It's a combination of Nas entire verse and Tony Stark's declaration: "Sharpened toothbrushes. 190 mixed with Baby Oil and shit. Your man's in the kitchen stashing ice picks. Well I'ma end this with a big red cherry on top. Me, Nas and Rae got the best product on the block!" Whooo! He ain't never lied. Keep your eyes open and your wallet in your front pocket...



No comments: