August 30, 2009

Just past the horizon...



“Faith... must be enforced by reason...When faith becomes blind it dies.”- Gandhi


No one said it would be easy. I'm not too far gone to think it was ever going to be. All I want...No. All I've ever wanted was some balance. Something that makes everything else that happens seem worthwhile. The trials, the tears, the hardships all repaid with moments of peacefulness. That's it. Nothing more. Nothing less. Sometimes I think there is no end in sight. Other times, in my more philosophical moments, in my more positive moods- I conclude that it is all a part of what is supposed to happen. Some fantastic weaving of the most delicate fabric of life, made stronger and more beautiful with each challenging stitch. Who knows? I know there is more in store for me. There has been too much survival for it to simply be a nondescript existence. I've crossed paths with too many dreamers and sages not to hold it all close to me and walk the good walk. Or swim the good swim since that's when I'm most in my element. Faith is such a peculiar thing. It's not always blind for me. Sometimes I need a reason to believe. Something tangible. Something that says, "Jayne. This is yours. Meant for you and only you. Finally." Once I feel that, I'll know that my ship has finally come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jayne,

Faith: firm belief in something for which there is no proof, Complete trust.

-As long as you are certain on what you want the journey doesn't matter, there is nothing tangible in journey just the lessons that come from them. As long as you are focused, your goals are the things that speak to you daily letting you know "This is yours. Meant for you and only you"...

Peace.

Suzy said...

Fear is the opposite of faith.