June 25, 2009

Never Can Say Goodbye


Let me start off my saying that I know there will be countless blogs eulogizing the "King of Pop" in the following hours, days, weeks and so on. They will run the gamut from endearing and loving to snide and snarky. I've already witnessed firsthand on Facebook how insensitive some people can be. Honestly, I'm still in shock at this very moment. All I want to do is express how many memories this man has given me. His style and talent were immeasurable. There is going to be worldwide mourning and you can't say that for very many entertainers when they pass. He is an unforgettable individual. From Off The Wall to red Thriller jackets with a million zippers to glittery socks and moonwalking on Motown 25...I was there. I can only hope that he finally has some peace- since the past 15 years or better were probably the hardest on him. The media can be ruthless. I'm not going to talk about him as though he was flawless- but he was something.. else. Something other than... He was a star in the purest sense of the word. He made fantastic music. He could dance his ass off. He inspired awe. People literally passed out at the sight and sound of him. Say what you want, but we should all count ourselves lucky to witness such a talented Supernova in our lifetime. He will live on forever and there will never be another.

4 comments:

Theodore said...

I couldnt have said it better.
There will truly be a missing link in this industry, in this life

Soups Sadened said...

A SuperNova!.....Inothing else to be said right now....thank you much . Jayne.

Suzy said...

I remember where I was when:

Elvis died - reading it off a kiosk in NYC

John Lennon - waiting tables

Michael Jackson - getting a pedicure

Some things never go away and become bigger. The other 2 did, so will Michael.

Thank God I already own Thriller since amazon.com is sold out of everything Michael Jackson.

Jayne Neverow said...

Wow Suzy, the strength of your memories are so profound even though simply put. Thank you for stopping by to share.