February 19, 2009

Throwback Thursdays Volume I

This is the first installment of Throwback Thursdays. For the sake of continuity, This Bug solemnly swears to lay some treats on you every fifth day of the week. Unless of course, there is something more pressing that calls itself blogworthy on that day. Yet and still, I may just double up on the posts- cuz ya girl goes in. Anyway, I'll be sharing a song and my memory of that time going forward.

This vid comes by way of Da Bush Babees. The year was 1995. Back then you could find me in my post-Gulf War fatigue jacket, rockin' my Beef and Broccoli's. Incidentally, an older woman of the Caucasian persuasion stopped me in the mall one day and asked if I had a family member that was in Desert Storm. I can still remember her look of bewilderment when I told her it was just for style. I think I saw some tears well. Whatever. I threw my headphones back on and let my mind float to the melodic sounds of...




So...What do YOU remember about '95 ?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What I remember most about '95 is how GOOD the music was during that year. Especially for Hip-Hop as well as Hip-hop/R&B. A lot of one-hit album wonders came out back then on the low. And the jams that were all over the MIX TAPES... (btw,'95 mix tapes were CRACK!!!!)....and radios were stupid/wild/fresh/crazy, too. So we had all the bases covered beautifully. Shiiiaaat, "The Purple Tape" alone could of took many through the whole year!....okay, okay.....at least Spring & Summer.

I think this will inspire me to dig up all the TUNES from that year to really drive my point home. I loved that year!

Thank you, once again, Ms. Jayne. Another entry to satisfy a hungry mind. Keep dishing out that food for thought, babes. One Love.