November 5, 2008

Half Man, Half Amazing


This morning I awoke to a peculiar feeling. Surreal may be a better way to phrase it. It's difficult to describe, because I am astounded at how my entire being manages to encapsulate everything that is swirling within. Awed. Proud. Humbled. Reverent. I count myself fortunate to bear witness to this historic moment. Never has it been more fitting, never has it been more crucial for this country to choose a leader, regardless of race- who represents the promise of a new day. The pundits, the talking heads, the naysayers and the faithless have all been shown what is; and what can be. It seems my near and dear friend, Beau Averee knew it all along. We screamed, we applauded, we embraced...we exhaled. And then we both agreed that the challenges have only just begun.

It's amazing how much panic one honest man can spread among a multitude of Fox News hypocrites. But we also agreed that the right man for the job has been chosen. A person who inspires not only a nation, but the global masses. A man who can evoke such powerful emotion in people worldwide, who may at first glance- have nothing in common. A man who quite honestly, just so happens to look like me. Truly, it was his spirit and his message that I believed in from the start.

There are a handful of noteworthy moments in my lifetime which I will never forget- and I am content to say that November 4, 2008 has joined that list, now and forever. I have never felt such a symmetry of pride and humility; and his momentous victory has filled me with both. I have never been so hopeful and excited about the future as I am right now. With my head and my heart in total alliance- I wish to say thank you to Barack Obama.

2 comments:

WordSmith said...

I can attest to your emotions on this one Jayne, and the key to what you have said is that his work has only just begun. Please understand that the naysayer, pundits, and whoever else that wanted to discredit this man is praying for his downfall right now. Is grandeur is someone else’s ache. We have to just show him the same support and be as even tempered as he has shown us he could be (ie. All of the splendid performances of his even temperament during all of his debates). Half man Half amazing is true my sister thank you for your insight.

Yours truly,

JSayWord!

PUBLICITY STUNT said...

wow, I tried to express my emotions by blogging but I just could'nt. Guess now I know how it looks written.