November 16, 2010

Green Light

I miss coming and going
as I please.
Stop. Go. Stop. Stop.
Go.Go. Go.
I miss having enough change
to do simple things,
like buy myself a silly 
pair of slippers.
I miss the days of sleeping late
and catching early movies.
I miss talking to my father
across a cup of instant coffee.
It was no Starbucks but it was just...good.
I miss logging on and writing to my heart's content.
I miss the days of early December
when nothing mattered
but lunch.
Now everything does.
Every bit of minutia making shreds
out of my peace
like ribbons.
Like pretty frayed crosscut ribbons
curling on the wind.
Now my days are filled with wondering
where the time will come from.
Where the money will come from.
Where the peace of mind
will come from.
Today
I'm giving myself the green light
to start it all over again
because
I
miss
me.

3 comments:

Brown Drizzle said...

Lady Bug,

thank you. I miss those days as well. Hopefully, when we get older the ease of time, change, reconnection will resurface giving us the opportunity to be free.

Bad Rabz said...

I concur. Hopefully. Time will tell. Keep climbing, Bugz. ;)

~ B. Rabbit

Jayne Neverow said...

@ Drizzy- We could all benefit by finding center and getting back to what made us whole and happy. Time is so essential. Thank you, too.

@ Rabbit- No choice but to keep climbing, striving, flying. It's all in the same vein. Hop to it. ;)