November 10, 2010

Bug Behaving Badly


Where there's smoke...


Lately I've been tempted to be a bad Bug.  A very, very bad Bug.  This list of misdeeds includes but is not limited to: cursing out the driver of a utility van that was headed straight for me and my little hooptie, waging an all out war for approximately 24 straight hours with my lover and flicking my tongue at some old man in a car Manolo (from Scarface) style for no decent reason. What? He shouldn't have admonished my driving.  He's lucky I didn't give his pacemaker a kick start by licking my window. It's my way of settling the score since I wouldn't flip the bird to an elderly person.  C'mon, I have some home training. Then there's the other bad behavior I've indulged in lately.  Boredom + Camera Phone = Reasons I should never go into teaching or politics.  But that's another story.


I can't explain it- this recent odd behavior.  It just happens every now and then.  I'm a good egg for the most part but once in a while...I can be a deviled egg. Hot, spicy and way more interesting than your average.  Call me Paprika the Wild Child. I can be what some may call a handful. The scary thing about this- is that I literally check out while holding minimal accountability for my actions.  I'm fully aware that my actions may exact a less than a desirable reaction but at the moment, I just don't care.  So much so, that even if I had an entire bag of fucks- I could not give one while I'm in flip mode.  Seriously.

There's a part of me that takes a deep, dark satisfaction in casting off  the kinder, gentler Bug and unleashing a wanton force to be reckoned with.  The warrior in me thrives on it. I trade the halo for the horns, guard my grill, knuckle up and let the chips fall. No apologies. Until it catches up to me- I'll continue with my road rage induced diatribes, petulant partner practices and maybe only pixelated versions will hit Media Takeout if my Blackberry ever gets hacked. Whatever. As Method Man so eloquently stated, "We ain't acrobats but we flip on occasion."  I feel him on that one.  Hey, at least I can admit it.



No comments: