July 22, 2010

Throwback Thursdays


Hello.
Good Morning.

Am I the only one who can't help but say that every once in a while these days? Say what you want- but Diddy damn sure makes things stick in your head. The boy wrote the book on catchy, didn't he? Anyway, This Bug is back on another Thursday with a catchy little tune of my own in my head. To be fair to all the purists who keep up with my weekly Throwbacks, let me just say now that this one's mainly RNB. But I could always appreciate it for some reason. The beat is undeniably Hip-Hop and the bridge did have some dude rhyming on it . This jam just takes me back to a really simple time. 1993. A true milestone in my life for more reasons than one. And maybe this song is really a part of that soundtrack. *shrugs* I dunno. Things were just...different. You walked to the store when you didn't really need anything. When you got dressed back then, you really put an outfit together. If a party was going on, you had no qualms about walking there or piling eight deep into somebody's Momma's hatchback. It was just about having fun. I miss that. I don't miss being beeped 911 only to call back and find out it wasn't that serious. But it was all part of the time, I guess. I'm feeling mad nostalgic today. Tape decks. Door knocker shell earrings. Champion hoodies. Nautica boots. Bandanas when my hair wasn't done up in a ponytail wrap...And jeans two sizes too big with boxers underneath. "I suppose, I suppose. We should get together and drop our Girbauds. " Remember those? (Sigh)




1 comment:

Suzy said...

I've have been on a nostalgia kick, too. Mainly for the safety factor and the ability to disappear without being found and talk to someone face to face.

It seems like a million years ago.