July 8, 2010

Throwback Thursdays

Peace Peoples. It's that time again. This one's a rare groove. I can't be sure but I think it was on the soundtrack to a movie. Which one is anybody's guess. This Bug is not big on research today. But I always remembered liking this song from all of the two times I ever heard it in my life. Think I only saw the video once before as well. But two things stood out to me about this joint. Firstly, the use of Tom Petty's Free Fallin' sample. It was always one of those songs I quietly appreciated. Secondly, De La Soul teamed up with indie rock band, Teenage Fan Club who seemed to compliment their laid back Hippie style. I'm not talking about early De La who wanted to break free from the Daisy Age corner they felt painted into by their handlers. I'm talking about De La that was just plain breezy and matter-of-fact with theirs. Today's Throwback is very fitting. Every now and then, we all feel the descent from grace. Every now and then... I guess we're all Fallin'. This Bug's fully identifiable line? "I lost touch with reality. Now my personality is an unwanted commodity." Ya played yaself... Damn. I feel you, Posdnuos. 100 percent.

1 comment:

Ronnie6676 said...

I added your blog to my recommended lists primarily because I love your music posts....and thanks for the visit/comment the other day, its appreciated :)