April 5, 2010

Formerly Known As


The moniker was Lady Lightning Bug. I chose it for two reasons. The first one is obvious. My affinity for all things small, red and dotted. I have always felt a strong pull towards ladybugs. Butterflies are nice but ladybugs are among my favorite of all living creatures. They brighten everything in their tiny, crimson and onyx glory. A stroke of luck, a quiet wisdom. I can relate. There have been so many times in my life where serendipity and luck (if you believe in such things) played a starring role. Certain events caused me to look back and breathe a sigh of relief, count my blessings and thank a nearby ladybug. Sidebar: Once, I was outside on a smoke break at work when I saw a ladybug land on my lapel. It flew away as soon as I laid eyes on it. (Or so I thought.) Minutes later in the ladies room, I brought my skirt and silky unmentionables to my knees to handle my ladylike business. And out flew a ladybug! True story. So, clearly we're connected in some fashion. I don't think they hang out in just anyone's panties.

The lightning component was equally relevant. Lightning is as quick as it is captivating. Anything that beautiful has to be dangerous. It strikes haphazardly. Awkward but deliberate. Like myself, it is prone to random acts of violence. I wish I could say why, but asking me that would be like asking why lightning strikes so indiscriminately. It just does. There is no rhyme to my movements but plenty of reason. It's hard to explain. An odd sensation takes hold when I can no longer sit on my hands, grin and bear it, that sort of thing. There is a need for reckless relief- and usually with seismic after effects . So much so, that I was coined "Erratica" by a close counterpart. I can't lie. I kind of liked the sound of it. It was like my superhero alter ego. "Look! Up and down the street. It's a bird. It's a plane!" No. It's Erratica: Flippin' cars and tippin' buildings with involuntary ease.
Yeah, that pretty much summed it up.

Anyway, nom de plumes withstanding, I will always love the quietness of ladybugs and I may always possess a volatile approach to certain endeavors. The duality makes no sense- but what ever really does? Just about anything or any theory can be plucked apart or cut to ribbons given the proper circumstances. Besides, it's not what you're called. It's what you answer to. Lady Lightning Bug. Jayne. This Bug. What's in a name? Google can say better than I can on some days. And then there are days where it's all crystal clear. Those are the days I share a piece of myself through my words for all to see. Deserving or not. Jay-Z was on to something. I can't see it coming out my eyes, so I gotta make the pen cry. I only write to get it right. Ever changing. Ever striking. One keystroke at a time.

Over and out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another dope piece Jayne! But inquiring minds want to know.....did you feel the ladybug in your panties? Or just maybe, maybe it was a manbug smelling the sweet nectar of your vagina blossom.

Jayne Neverow said...

Anonymous, WHOEVER you are...You are so out of bounds. Out of order. Out of pocket. Point blank. I see you know better than to put a name up here because I could write a scathing entry that would blast fools like you for missing the jewels I drop. I'm no prude but that was just...Anyway- I'm not gonna delete your rude & ignorant comment, though. I'll leave it here for all to see. I appreciate all readership & feedback but you obviously just want be a jerk. Come back when you can act right. No, as a matter of fact, come back anytime. Read from the sidelines and just keep your immature comments to yourself. I don't take kindly to those type of antics. Bounce.

Kie!...thugs it out from Mean Streets to PC's..WHAT?! =-\ said...

Great piece, Bug. That "Erratica" label is funny, too. You must be a tornado with a moniker like that. I would spell it with one R, but that's me. ;)....

The lil' pretty things just luv you, Jayne. No Surprise that they flow from your Thighs. F*ck around, maybe that's where ladybugs are made!...OMG, You're like the Skittles Lady!!!! (smile)=)

Keep it up, Ms. Bug! And don't sweat that corny comment that anonymous left..."vagina blossom?"....madd lame. Punash Patch would of sounded 10x's better. Earthlings....go figure.=\.

Anywho, continue to Bless Yaself, don't Stress Yaself.

One Love, Bugz.

Jayne Neverow said...

Punash Patch. Lol. This begs the question: Is there a punash picking season?

Jellz said...

awwww you always DID love ladybugs. thats what you used to call me and my sisters...there was a lady bug in my room on new years!! i was like wow. where did THAT come from. and i was super depressed cuz u know why...