January 28, 2009

I (never) got busy in a Burger King bathroom


Through pride we are ever deceiving ourselves. But deep down below the surface of the average conscience a still, small voice says to us, 'Something is out of tune.' -Carl Jung



I know a lot of people. People from different walks of life. Far be it from me to judge others and their dealings. Once I was driving through Queens with my dad and pointed out just about every strip club I had visited or planned to. I know that may sound strange, but I have the coolest Pops ever so that sort of thing is not so left of center to discuss when it comes to us. If anyone has been paying attention, strip clubs are nice little diversion from the average sports bar to This Bug. Nothing more. He joked that I have friends in both high and low places. To me, I just have friends in all over places. Period. What one person does, the next may not- but that has no bearing on who they are at the core to me. And truly, the core is all that I'm interested in.

I say that to say this: Freaky antics are not a deal breaker for me. There is a time and place for everything under the sun. I subscribe to the school of thought that there is no such thing as "never" and no such thing as "always". More often than not, if you want to make sure that something actually happens- be sure to preface it by saying you would never do it, whatever it may be. In my eyes, never is promise that cannot always be kept. By the way, I don't want anyone to be mislead by the title of this post. There are a lot of things that I have not done...yet. And there are a few that I just don't ever see myself doing. I do not see myself getting busy in a Burger King bathroom like Humpty any time in the future. Aside from public restrooms being germ-ridden and the least attractive place one can get intimate, I usually just want to get my Whopper Jr. with cheese and keep it moving.

There are some folks out there who claim that they just like to do their thing. That's fine with me. I've seen a lot and heard most of it. It takes a helluva lot to make me clutch my pearls. What I have an issue with are those same people projecting their own self judgments onto others when they are not so proud of their own behavior. When reputations start preceding folks rather than following them- I find that they are on the defensive unnecessarily. A guilty conscience can wreak immeasurable havoc. Like Andre 3000 said, "Whatever floats your boat or finds your lost remote..." Embrace it. Live it. Rock out with your cock out. (Okay, blushing just a tad) But please- don't assume that everyone is whispering just because you freak off on the regular. Just examine your own truth and make the proper adjustments as needed.

Now if you'll excuse me, This Bug has to go make change of a $20 bill.




Photo Courtesy: Corbis

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

#1~ Most definitely. I might have to copy, paste, then flip it. Thanks. #2~ That will change from now, Cheek bones. 5~ Are you Caucasian? #6~ Peep "my 4 cornered room" or something like that by WAR. #7~ If you squeezed his crotch after that & said, "Too tiny, Toby", then yes you did. #8~ For real. You're the phenom-bomb Jayne. #9~ LMAO! 12~ What's money? #19~ U already know...hehehe. #20~ Like, it's my life, okay? =-)

Keep 'em coming, Neverow. 1Luv.

Unknown said...

hey, I once saw a sticker that said, "NEVER SAY ALWAYS". I truly believe in it. People say I will always love you, but in reality thats not true at all. As for the strip club, next time you decide to go take me with you. Love your writing, keep it up. God bless!

Jayne Neverow said...

@ Mirna- Will do! Be sure to make change ahead of time.

@ Soups- I do believe this comment was meant for the above entry. It's ok, tho. I feel the love. Lol.