October 5, 2008

Don't Look For Me on Sunday


There is something so absolute about Sundays. To me, your quality of life can be measured most genuinely on this day of all others. Why? Because it's the one day you're either loathing due to its inevitable successor; or appreciating wholly because it is the working week's reward. Any Given Sunday would have been a much different film had it been about my life. On this day, I'm reminded of how fortunate and blessed I am. On this day, almost everything takes a veritable backseat to a beautiful familial gathering. The only thing that outmeasures the family I am surrounded by is the amount of food to go around. I can't say exactly when it all began; the cooking, the laughter, the gaggles of children, the love- but I honestly cannot imagine my days without it now. And when the revelries die down and the flock has flown- Sunday evenings are all mine. They cannot be counted. Only cherished.

2 comments:

Katness said...

I miss those Sundays. The depth of their meaning died with my grandmother. Mine now consist of working, writing, sleeping if I can and getting in schoolwork. Uninspiring, but still I appreciate them. Today was great. I'd tell ya why, but then I'd have to kill ya. ;)

Anonymous said...

its yon..i like da pic u chose lol