January 11, 2011

And..how did you find me, again?


So it's going on three years since I started This Bug's Life. No drum roll. No bells and whistles. I already got the 100th post out of my system. It's been a pretty good run and I can only hope to continue it. That being said- I'm still figuring out this whole 'Blogger' format. Recently, I discovered a neat little tab on the dashboard of my blog once I signed in. "STATS". It was there that a whole new world opened up to me. Of course it shows you how many page views you've gotten in a day, week, month, etc. and referring websites but that's not what caught my interest. There's list of the top key words that people Googled in order to reach my site. Much to my surprise (and some less so) I learned what led random traffic directly to This Bug's Life. Here goes:



assup - Call me slow, but it took me a second to realize that more than one person hastily typed in 'Ass Up' as in Uncle Luke's infamous chant, "Face Down, Ass Up. That's the way we like to F**k" and somehow wound up on my blog. Wowzas.




massaging a martini - I wish I knew what the hell this is supposed to mean. I really don't remember posting anything that involved massages and martinis simultaneously- but I'm officially inspired.



bug's life racist - As if! Actually, I know exactly what this is about. I got my hooks in Disney a while back and didn't let go. It's in the archives. Check it out. I pissed a few people off simply by shattering their flowery childhood memories of a few beloved cartoon classics. If pointing out the obvious facts makes This Bug a racist...let's discuss it. Seriously.



bitchwearingnodraws - Ha! I saw this one and thought, 'Classy huh?'. Then I saw how many folks have come across the Panty Free Friday I was thinking about petitioning for as a national holiday. Once you go Commando for a day- you'll understand why a 'bitch wearing no draws' is highly unoffensive when sought after in proper taste. Let's do this!




taxi cop- It's not a myth, People. They exist. It's sneaky. It's entrapment. And it's perfectly legal. Think about that the next time you decide to text with that yellow cab next to you at the red light.


Anyway, it matters very little what led you here. You got here. And made This Bug very happy in the process. Make it a Favorite. Bookmark it. Come back for more. You might be surprised at what you stumble upon. I know I was- and I write the damn thing.

Ciao!

1 comment:

Water Wishes of Wonderland World! Ahoy!..;) said...

Wow!! I'm surprised that you didn't run across mine. I googled "smack a bitch & get smacked back" (just needed the image really, but didn't hit the tab yet)...& BOOM!!!....your entry for "Ike & Tina" pops up! I'm like, "hmmmmm?...just what I needed. Well, it wasn't exactly what I was lookin' for but it sure opened up a beautiful bugs life to me!
Thank you for writing, Ms. No Panties on Fridays!!! ;)
From the Throwbacks to the Poetry, from the straight hilarious to the tear jerkers....it's been more than memorable!
May you keep on advancing & droppin' joints on us out here for many many more, Jayne!
Now write a blog so that when I google "the girls with the golden gullets", I can get an entertaining story on the worlds best female sword & sausage swallowers! :)
Keep blessin' us, Bugz. One Love!