August 9, 2008

Worth dyin' for, worth killin' for.


This is me at my most indulgent. What is it about Massaman Curry Chicken ? Words escape me as I try to articulate its sweet and savory righteousness. About ten years ago I was introduced to Thai cuisine and never looked back. It’s the only thing I ever order when I go, no matter the Thai restaurant. The only thing. Ever. There is something about the coconut milk, the spice and warmth, that readies me for death with the first forkful. The delicate marriage of potatoes, peanuts and chicken is genuine perfection. It’s something like a first kiss with the person who has occupied your thoughts for an extended period of time. My relationship affair with Massaman has only grown more passionate with time. I would kill for it. So much so, that I completely identify with Johnny Depp’s sociopathic reasoning in Once Upon A Time in Mexico.




I steady my trigger finger around a glass of plum wine. When a creation is that good…balance must be restored at once. Ah, Sweet Massaman. The flavor is everything that is right and wonderful about the world. My last rendezvous with Massaman was in Miami. A quaint place called Bangkok Bangkok. You should swing by if you’re ever in that neck of the woods. Amazing. The cook is still alive for one reason. I left my .45 at the hotel that evening.

No comments: