August 2, 2008

Try It Sometime



Okay. It's been a month since I returned from Miami. It was nothing major. I just really needed to get away. Away from manning front desks, shuttling nieces and nephews and mandatory grocery missions. I needed to unplug. It's funny how almost a month later people are still asking why I went on vacation by myself.

Is it so wildly outrageous for a grown woman to pick up and whisk herself away instead of waiting for the perfect moment to happen to her? No man or monetary windfall needed? There are two types of people in this world. People who things happen to- and people who make things happen. So if I fall into the latter category, you can understand why this inquiry is starting to annoy me.

My first instinct is to ask them why they feel that one should always be accompanied on a trip. Are you not comfortable enough with yourself to simply just...be?

But that reply is snide and snobbish so I smile and simply say, "You should try it sometime."

1 comment:

Katness said...

I TOTALLY went on a working vacay alone last month. SO worth it.