December 30, 2010

Throwback Thursdays

Yo...2010 is about to be over. I dunno about you but I'm about ready. This Bug is ready for the New Year and all the promise it holds.  That being said- this is the last Throwback Thursday of the year.  So I'll switch it up for the sake of newness.  Instead of featuring one video from a favorite year- I'm bussin' out a few that were always staples of that time for me.  The Golden Era of Hip Hop.  These are some of the criminally slept on joints that I always loved.  Always will.  Classic material. I'm diggin' deep.   No disrespect but- if you're not a true head just sit this one out. I'm not here to alienate anyone but this Hip Hop thing is for those who love it.  I do this for ya'll.  Enjoy.

Trends of Culture - Off and On 



Why is the beat so effin' tough on this one?!  Oooweee.

Original Flavor feat. Jay Z 



Yeah...pre-Reasonable Doubt Jay and a sick ass arrangement of rhymes.  It rarely gets better.


Strickly Roots - Begs No Friends



Dude said "Layin' muthafuckas like ready-cut carpet." What! Grand Puba  and Fat Joe rep to the fullest, too.

The A.T.E.E.M - Get It On 



Hot Dog . Yeah, Chubb Rock's background dancer kinda did his thing. Q-Dog style.  And I don't even eff with Frats.  I never understood why dude said "Not a white Bruce Jenner." As opposed to what?  Bruce Jenner is white, Fam..

Fat Joe feat. Diamond D and Grand Puba - Watch the Sound



One of my all-time faves. Hands down.  Plus, my girl Goldie is in the vid.  Such a sweetie, that one.

Eric B and Rakim - Paid In Full



"Was it good enough for ya?" Ooowee!!! Have a safe and prosperous New Year, Peoples.  Catch you in 20eleven.  Much love.

No comments: