July 12, 2008

For the Betta




Logan. That's his name. Not because I always wanted a Logan in my life, but he looks like Wolverine. Not the so-called most vicious animal known to man, but one of the strongest characters known to this avid Marvel comic book fan. If you know that, then it makes total sense why I chose to name my fish Logan. Well, it makes perfect sense to me anyway.

He's beautiful, quiet and brings me such a sense of peace from knowing that I need only feed him once a day. My choice was not easy. I left the pet shop empty-handed the first day. None of them seemed right. But upon my return, he chose me. The sprightliest of the bunch, he didn't just float there like some lifeless tragedy in tiny glass bowl. He swam fervently, showed his colors, preened for me. I could have easily named him Peacock.

I needed something to take care of. Plain and simple. So tired of folks asking when I was going to go ahead and have a baby. People barely seem to notice the audacity of this question. I ran out of answers. I don't owe any explanations. And what's more, Logan doesn't need any. He's a fighter just like me. Not compatible with any and everything. He just needs to be in his element. And I love him for that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwww u really loved him :(