March 2, 2011

For the Swimmer on a Day like None Other


"This may come off like a declaration of love, but truly it's just a wish...for a fish." -Calmnia


I'll never know exactly why that you swam by and heard my sigh. The ice was broken and I was in my element. I had no idea it was yours as well. That water felt like Heaven swelled and spilled down to the thirsty Earth. It drenched my senses, soaked my self worth. There was nothing that I couldn't do. And what was the use- if not with you? The beautiful dreamer. The warrior's wend. The sensual lover. The genuine friend. A soldier of love whom I had the honor of serving with proudly side by side. All in all- one fantastic ride. A journey to a star was never too far, not with you. And know that all these things are true. .

I wish for you a healthy body and sound mind. A heart full of courage and goblet of Life's wine. I wish for you to drink it slow and taste in it all you love so. I wish for you a day of song, of sun and light and spirit strong. When twilight breaks upon your locks- I pray your time exceeds the clocks. For today and always, it's more than a lifetime can express.

I suppose it sounds like I'm confessing- but really it's your Birthday blessing.

2 comments:

Neptune....;) said...

This is Gorgeous. Thank you. May the wind always be cool to you, Calmnia. Much much love for this. Bless....

Jayne Neverow said...

Breezes are warm. Wind is cold. Receptions are cool if not chilly. Seasons, reasons and lifetimes to enjoy and endure, Dearest Neptune.