20 random things, shortcomings, facts, habits or goals this year:
1. It's not impossible to feel like a Queen without having a King at your side, but it surely makes a difference when you do. Everywhere begins to look like your kingdom.
2. I have always been insecure about my smile. Always.
3. Tending bar taught me more about the human condition in 3 short years than I could have hoped to learn in a lifetime.
4. (Spoiler Alert) I am moved to tears every time I watch the last 5 minutes of the movie Hair.
5. The very first time I got stumbling, shitfaced drunk was on Manischewitz wine. I was 11 years old. Shhhh...
6. It is my personal mission to meet Cee Lo Green and beg him to cover War's The World Is A Ghetto. If you know the song...and his voice- then you know this is right for the Universe.
7. My first kiss was with a boy in school who is now an openly gay man. A ridiculously irrational part of me still wonders if I was responsible for this in some way.
8. I've decided in 2009 that I don't want to get paid to do anything but write. Yeah.
9. The sign should simply read "Hot Crack Now". Krispy Kreme is the devil...and I need Jesus.
10. When my hair is straight I feel very astute- as though I look like I take myself too seriously. When it's wild or curly- I feel free-spirited, sexy and breezy.
11. Going to Jamaica and not sampling the "chief" export would have been like going to Paris and not trying the Champagne. Why would I do such a thing?
12. The quickest way to turn me off is to talk about money in attempts to impress me.
13. FYI: Nas and I share a beauty mark in the same place. Yessiree.
14. Unless I'm at a Day Spa, manicures and pedicures feel more like a chore than pampering to me. Ugghh!
15. Car accidents and rodents frighten me beyond human comprehension.
16. I've found that when most people say that I favor a celebrity, it's less about facial similarities and more about my hairstyle that particular day.
15. This Bug has never been
18. In 2001, I stopped reading palms because I felt like I was interfering with the natural order of certain things.
19. Whenever I see something painful, my chocolate starfish hurts for just a millisecond. Wait, was that TMI?
20. I firmly believe there is a Muppet equivalent for every person out there.
And now, in keeping with said tagging inspiration, I nominate the Sweetest Tea from over at the Lion's Share. She may or may not comply...